Treat your taste buds to a mouthful of flavor with this recipe that celebrates using real fruit, garden-fresh herbs and absolutely no refined sugar. Say goodbye to premade mixers and hello to this perfectly tart, naturally sweetened indulgence.
- 6 That’s Tasty Fresh Mint Leaves + more for garnish
- 8 Large Strawberries
- 3 ounces Silver Tequila
- 5 ounces Triple Sec
- 1 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ ounce Agave Syrup, or to taste
- Margarita Salt, as needed
- Add strawberries, mint, tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice and agave syrup to a blender. Pulse on high until strawberries are broken down.
- To rim the glasses: Pour margarita salt on a small plate and squeeze fresh lime juice onto a second small plate. Dip the rim of two glasses in the lime juice and then the margarita salt. You can use sugar instead if you prefer something sweeter.
- Add ice cubes to the glasses and pour over the margaritas.
- Slurp and enjoy!
- You can easily make this into a frozen slushy masterpiece by adding ice cubes straight into the blender.
- Feel free to swap the fresh strawberries for frozen, if necessary. When doing so, you may need to add a little extra agave syrup if the strawberries aren’t sweet enough.
- Don’t like strawberries? Substitute with mango, peaches or pineapple instead!
- If you’re going to rim the edge of your glass with salt, NEVER use table salt. We repeat, never. It’s too salty. Make sure to splurge and buy margarita or kosher salt.