If you are one the many who love the bold, fresh flavors of Thai food, this dressing/marinade is for you. This is a very flexible recipe that uses common ingredients you can find in your grocery store.
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (more to taste)
- Mint chopped finely into 2 heaping Tbsp
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 Tbsp That's Tasty Basil Purée
- 3 Tbsp That's Tasty Garlic Purée
- 1 tsp That's Tasty Lemon Grass Purée
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce to add a little heat (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and pour it into a container and refrigerate for 1 hour before use.
- As a marinade add meat and a generous amount of marinade to a sealed zip lock bag for 4 hours.
- As a dressing thinly slice cucumber and red onion and allow it to soak in this for an hour or more in the refrigerator for a tasty side dish (additional salt and pepper may be required).