Bring on the flavor of the holidays with a steaming cup of mulled wine! It’s a party-starter when served alongside a simple appetizer of French cheese, roasted nuts, and sliced apples or a luxurious way to wind down by the fireside after dinner.
- 1 750ml bottle red wine (We suggest Zinfandel, Malbec, or Syrah, but any fruit-forward red wine will do!)
- 2 tbsps. That’s Tasty Mulling Spices
- Honey or agave syrup, to taste
- Orange slice (for garnish)
- That’s Tasty Cinnamon Sticks (for garnish)
- A splash of Brandy, Bourbon, or Cognac (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine one bottle of red wine with 2 tablespoons of That’s Tasty Mulling Spices in a steeping bag or piece of cheesecloth.
- Gently simmer for approximately 20 minutes, careful not to let the wine come to a bowl.
- Remove the spices, and add honey or Agave syrup to taste
- Serve hot in mugs garnished with a cinnamon stick and orange wedge.
Add a splash of your favorite Brandy, Bourbon, or Cognac for a little extra kick!