When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing more fulfilling than a big bowl of noodles. This Brown Butter Pasta is rich, nutty, salty, and oh-so-satisfying.
- 2 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 lb. Boxed Pasta Noodles
- 1 lb. Mild Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (8 tbsp.)
- ½ cup reserved Pasta Water
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Pecorino or Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. That’s Tasty Organic Garlic Purée
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. chopped That’s Tasty Organic Fresh Italian Parsley Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. That’s Tasty Organic Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a rolling boil. Add pasta noodles and cook according to the package directions for al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown the sausage and drain any access oil. Set aside until you’re ready for assembly.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Continue to scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon until golden brown bits form and you smell a nutty aroma. This usually takes about 3 minutes. Be very careful not to burn the butter, otherwise you’ll need to start over. Once browned, remove from heat immediately.
- Once cooked, reserve about ½ cup of the starchy pasta water before draining. Add noodles to the skillet and toss together with brown butter. Sprinkle in about 3/4 cup of cheese and a big squeeze of That’s Tasty Organic Garlic Purée. Using tongs, stir the noodles with 2 – 3 tablespoons of starchy pasta water. Continue to stir, until a glossy sauce has formed. Feel free to add more or less pasta water to reach your desired sauce consistency. Typically, you will not use the entire 1/2 cup.
- When sauce has formed, go ahead and mix-in the cooked sausage and fresh herbs. Serve with lots of freshly cracked black pepper, remaining cheese and additional fresh herbs.