Chicken Noodle Soup is healthy, satisfying, and tastes incredible. All those bits of fresh herbs, carrot, celery, and onion are a great source of vitamins C and K, as well as other antioxidants and minerals. A delicious way to load up on nutrients and increase hydration.
With That’s Tasty fresh herbs, this recipe comes together quickly and easily, so you and the family have more time to savor the flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, ends trimmed and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 8 cups (64 ounces) chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh Rosemary*
- 3 sprigs fresh Thyme*
- 1 sprig fresh Sage*
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Parsley*
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Basil*
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and celery and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the carrots are softened a bit, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, and Oregano. Gently stir until combined. Continue cooking until soup reaches a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in the egg noodles and chicken. Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes or until the egg noodles are al dente.**
- Remove and discard the Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, and Oregano sprigs (no worries if some of the leaves have dropped off).
- Taste the soup, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm, garnished with extra black pepper, fresh Parsley and fresh Basil.
*Herb quantities are just suggestions. Use as much as you like! Don’t have them all?
That’s okay too.
**The longer noodles cook, the more broth they will soak up. Feel free to add more chicken stock as needed.Printable Version
Did you make this recipe?
Oh… and make sure to check our flavor finder so you can sniff us out in your neck of the woods.