Thyme and honey bring a warmth and a subtle flavor to this herbaceous spin on an old-fashioned. Feel free to steep the thyme in the syrup for a longer to intensify the flavor; you can even let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. This cocktail is wonderful shared with friends on an early fall evening, or anytime you just need to do a little self-care.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 sprigs fresh That's Tasty Thyme (plus more for garnish)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2oz good quality bourbon
- Lemon peel (optional garnish)
Make the thyme syrup
- Bring water and honey to a gentle simmer and stir to completely dissolve honey.
- Add thyme and remove from heat. Cover and allow the syrup to cool completely (about an hour).
- Remove the thyme and strain the syrup into a jar using a fine mesh strainer.
Mix Up a Drink
- Combine 4 tsp of the thyme simple syrup and 3 dashes of bitters to an Old Fashioned glass. Feel free to adjust to your sweetness preference.
- Add ice and bourbon
- Garnish with extra thyme and a lemon peel
- Stir and Enjoy (in moderation)!
You will have extra thyme simple syrup. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.Printable Version
Did you make this recipe?
Oh… and make sure to check our flavor finder so you can sniff us out in your neck of the woods.