If you are one the many who love the bold, fresh flavors of Thai food, this dressing/marinade is for you. This is a very flexible recipe that uses common ingredients you can find in your grocery store combined with fresh mint, That’s Tasty Lemongrass, Basil, and Garlic Purées, which are available in the produce section.
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (more to taste)
- Mint chopped finely into 2 heaping Tbsp
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 Tbsp That's Tasty Basil Purée
- 3 Tbsp That's Tasty Garlic Purée
- 1 tsp That's Tasty Lemon Grass Purée
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce to add a little heat (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and pour it into a container and refrigerate for 1 hour before use.
- As a marinade add meat and a generous amount of marinade to a sealed zip lock bag for 4 hours.
- As a dressing thinly slice cucumber and red onion and allow it to soak in this for an hour or more in the refrigerator for a tasty side dish (additional salt and pepper may be required).
Did you make this recipe?
Oh… and make sure to check our flavor finder so you can sniff us out in your neck of the woods.