Our Autumn Cobb Salad is full of flavor without the fuss. Serve as a main dish or side salad and watch it quickly disappear. We’ve loaded ours with grilled chicken, crunchy bacon, hard boiled eggs, roasted sweet potato cubes, juicy apples, crisp celery, toasted pecan halves, tart dried cranberries, velvety blue cheese crumbles and topped it all off with a Dill-Dijon Vinaigrette. It’s a great option when you need to make a meal in advance. All you need to do is prep the ingredients ahead of time then toss together when you’re ready to eat. The final presentation is pretty enough for guests, yet preparation is simple enough to serve as a weekday lunch or dinner.
This decorative salad has got it all! Overflowing with so many delicious ingredients, you’re guaranteed to receive rave reviews from all of your friends and family. Watch how easy this Autumn Cobb Salad comes together in our latest video! We’ve even included a dill-lightful homemade dressing that’ll make your taste-buds swoon. You’re going to love each and every bite of this combo, we promise!
If you have access to That’s Tasty’s new line of Local Organic Lettuces, we encourage you to try them out! Our Crunchy & Sweet Organic Romaine and Heirloom Crunch work perfectly in this recipe. Currently they are available in the Mid-Atlantic Region; though we are rolling them out nationwide in 2020.
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped Greens (Romaine, Arugula, Spinach)
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins, cooked & chopped
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced in half
- 1 Sweet Potato, sliced & roasted
- 1 Apple, cored & cut into cubes
- 4 ribs diced Celery (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup Roasted Pecan Halves
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- ¾ cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp. Bacon Drippings
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from 2 Lemons
- 2 tbsp. That’s Tasty Fresh Organic Dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp. Minced Red Onion
- Squeeze of That’s Tasty Organic Garlic Purée (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar, to taste
- If prepping in advance: Grill chicken, cook bacon, boil the eggs, and roast the sweet potato. Place each ingredient in a sealable container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. You can also cut the apple and celery in advance as well. *See notes below.
- When you’re ready to serve, place the lettuce on a large serving platter and garnish with remaining salad ingredients.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Cover with the lid and shake vigorously to blend. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the salad and serve immediately. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator for later use.
- To roast the sweet potato: Simply cut the sweet potato into small cubes and toss with 1 tbsp. Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 425F for 25 – 30 minutes. Make sure to flip halfway through.
- If you’d like to chop the apple ahead of time, toss it with the juice of one lemon to prevent browning.
- When creating your own dressing, it may separate over time. But don’t fret… just shake it up again and it’ll be like new. Please remember that oils may harden in the refrigerator (and that’s ok!). To thaw, just set the dressing out on the counter for 10-15 minutes before shaking up again.
Did you make this recipe?
Oh… and make sure to check our flavor finder so you can sniff us out in your neck of the woods.